Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Line of the Day: What Did I Hit?

Tom loves telling people funny stories that happen to me while being prego. I finally have a story to tell about him.

Somehow, he managed to have this past Saturday off work. It was later in the day and we had some errands to run as well as grabbing some food while we were out. We got in the truck and looked at the front window of the house. There sits (as always), Gracie's head peaking through the plantation blinds. We both comment to each other at how freakin' cute she is. As we are commenting on her cuteness, Tom proceeds to back out of our single-car driveway. We hear: "BAM". Tom's comment was "what did I hit?" and all I could do was scream - "MY CAR!". He was too distracted by Gracie's cuteness to remember that my car was parked behind the truck and he needed to back around it. We both jump out of the the truck to find no real damage, accept from his trailer hitch cover that is oval shaped with a Seminole head on it. My car is now dawning a nice oval shape on the bumper!! Not a SCRATCH on his truck.

We finally got out of the driveway and started talking about it so much that I couldn't stop crying because I was laughing so much (its a sweeny thing). Tom had to calm me down in fear that I would put myself into labor from laughing so hard. It took a good 20-minutes for me to finally get my composer back.

Note to Daddy: If you hit my car because Gracie was so cute... imagine how it will be when your son is here and so cute! What will you hit then? -mommy

No comments: