Thursday, July 3, 2008

29 Weeks and Childbirthing Class

Tommy will be born at CRMC, formerly known as the community hospital. My doctor only delivers there but it was my preferance too. So, we started our childbirthing classes last week. Every asks me "is Tom going with you?". The answer is YES! This is his child too! His attendance is required at all doctor appts and classes.

Even though CRMC recently went through a major makeover, it still has the feel of a community hospital. Other hospitals have powerpoints and videos, not so much at CRMC - we have 1980s posters! Not that videos are required, the posters show enough!

I like the teacher. She's been a Labor and Delivery nurse for 14 years (and at 5 different hospitals). Overall, I'm not too worried. I am definately going for the mind over matter relaxation. Not to mention, Stephanie (my sis) will be here for the delivery. She has a way of calming me down and not letting me worry (thanks steph!).

So all is good here. The house is almost back together from the floors and we are getting Tommy's room furniture figured out. We go next week for our 30 week check-up as well as a 3D/4D ultrasound. It will be nice to see Tommy again as we haven't had any new pictures in about 10 weeks.

No comments: