Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My trip to Victoria Secret!

I am now 16 weeks pregnant and things are growing, of course. It was time to buy new bras. I am a Victoria Secret girl, they are the best and I don't wear anything else! I typically shop online just to avoid the little girls that think they know what I want. I was so aggravated with my old bras not fitting anymore, I was impatient and didnt want to wait for them to be shipped to me.

I went to VS, found the perfect bra and figured out my new size (all on my own!). I am in line waiting to check-out. The girl in front of me is allowing her two kids to run around the store like wild animals while she took her time picking out her tote bag that she gets free with her angel reward points. Meanwhile, a sales agent and another customer were standing behind me waiting also. They began a conversation about how many women are coming into VS to be resized because they are gaining weight and therefore, things are bigger! The cashier even chimed in alittle too, but I stayed out of it. Meanwhile, I am being impatient and annoyed by the kids running around knocking things over. At some point, the lady in front FINALLY decides which size tote bag, grabs her kids, and leaves.

Its my turn to check out. The check-out girl does her thing, I pay and prepare to leave. The girl says to me "I'm sorry about your wait" and my immediate response was (with lots of bitchy attitude) "It's okay, I have an excuse, I'm pregnant!". I grab my bag and walk toward the exit of the store. About half way to the store exit, I realize - she was talking about my wait not my weight!

As I continued to walk, I kept thinking to myself that I should go back inside and apologize, but of course I kept walking toward my car. I decided that the girl probably thinks I am crazy already and if I were go back inside and explain, then her opinion of me will continue to go down.

So, to the check-out girl at VS, I'm sorry. It would appear that baby brain makes me talk before I think.

Meanwhile, completely enjoying my new bras!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Haha! I think that's funny, and I wouldn't worry about what the check-out girl thinks. I'm sure she realizes how you would think "weight", after all, the conversations were about things being bigger.

I think you should go into Best Beginnings on Market Square. They have nursing bras, which you will need, and the ladies there are nurses who will size you and help you determine what size you will be after birth. They have a brand called La Leche, which is the most comfortable bra I have ever worn. You'll need a special bra to make nursing easier. Plus, they have a gift registry!

Joyce B.