Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tommy's First Day of Daycare

Tommy had a great first day at daycare. He did everything he would normally do at home... eat, sleep, and play. As we were leaving the house yesterday, Tom told Tommy to be the teachers pet - well, he achieved that! Today he told him to learn his ABCs so we will have to see how that goes today!

The teachers said that he is such a happy baby and doesn't fuss unless he gets hungry. They also questioned me if this was my first baby because I am not the typical worried first-baby mommy. I feel very comfortable with his teachers and daycare facility.

When I picked him up yesterday, he was sleeping and he sleep the whole way home and while I cooked dinner. Then we played on the floor for 3 hours straight! It was amazing... he was laughing, talking, and wiggling. He has great hand-eye coordination now that he knows to hold onto the rattle and it will make noise. After all that playing, he went to sleep at 10pm and slept ALL night! 7 hours!! Perfect timing for our 6am morning start.

So, my maternity leave is over and reality has set in... but so far, its not bad. I'm happy to be back at work and catching up on everything I missed. I am so thankful to have spent 3 1/2 months with Tommy at home.

No comments: