Thursday, May 22, 2008

23 weeks and Publix story

We had our 23-week check-up yesterday. All looks fine. The ultrasound showed his head near my belly-button and he is sitting on my bladder. No wonder I have to pee so much! I've seen my belly moving the past couple of weeks, but last night Tom actually saw the waves and it went on for about 5-10 minutes.

I'm doing good on my weight gain. I've gained a total of 9 pounds, which 1 pound is Tommy. This being said, I had run in with a guy at Publix. First it was me in Victoria Secret, now its Publix. Sunday morning, I woke up craving some Publix doughnuts. Typically, I am a Krispy Kreme girl, but odd-enough Publix is what I wanted. So, I go to the Bakery counter and pick up a 6-pk of glazed doughnuts. I was then looking in the display to see if I wanted something different. At this time, an older man walks up to me and says "I think you only need to eat one doughnut!" OMG, I wanted to attack him! I did control myself (and my hormones) and firmly say "I'm 5 months pregnant, I can eat what I want!". He ordered his 3 doughnuts from the lady and left while I stand there in shock (and really wanting to eat all 6 doughnuts in front of him!). I truely believe I have a huge target sign saying "I beg you to be rude to me!". Other situations with rude people have happened to me, but I won't bore you with them. I definately thought the Publix story was worth sharing! So - everyone out there (especially men), DON'T BE SO RUDE! I'm growing a baby here!

No comments: